среда, октября 18, 2006

The P is for Politics

Finally, I am here. For too long I have not said anything about politics and the shameful state of our nation. What is it when a president is worse than King John? King John, forced by the noblemen, signed Hapeas Corpus into the Magna Carta. Hapeas Corpus, meaning the police have to state why they are arresting you. This no longer exists in the United States. Bush has taken a crap on this law, and has singed into law that any person a war tribunial, or any other kind of body he appoints, can send you to prison as an "enemy combatment." At least Stalin knew how to throw a show trial.
Congratulations, you live under a dictatorship. I thought I was only going to experience this once.

I hate this.
Torture is legal, and it's applauded. Do you care?

Am I not a man, and a brother?


We string up taxi-drivers like Christmas trees, because our generals don't know the hell they walked into. This situation could become worse than the Balkans in the 90's.

Ethnic groups killing each other for the hell of it.

Communism was dead: good thing

Saddam overthrown: good thing (but the right thing?)

But hornets' nests have arisen?
What are going to do?
Shoot people?

Torture them with methods learned from Stalinists and Pol Pot?

You're killing me.

End the war already,
I do not to fall in love,
I do not want flowers,
I want the bricks
from your high towers,
I want this to be over with.

I hate myself,
I'm tired of this clueless country,
Who are going to praise today?
Who's Jesus Anyway?
Did the whore anoint him,
perfume him for a battle?

He fought,
climbed a cross,
sliced into death with pain,
Sin, a parachute, he jumped into Hell,
and died.

Three days he hung,
Three days he lay
In blood and clay,
Till
the prisoners frolicked home free,
till he untied himself
to stitch a world together

"Peace on earth, we need it now, I'm tired of all this hanging around,
Sick of sorrow sick of pain, sick of hearing again and again, that
there's

going to

be

peace
on
Earth"

"Jesus, Jesus help me, I'm alone in this world, and a f**ked up world it is too. Tell me, tell me the story the one about eternity and the way it's all gonna be..." bono

Hope you have a good day, and I'll see you in Gitmo.

(yes, the eff word is necessary. it wouldn't be honest for me not to quote it in full. if it's a really big moral problem, please tell me. but what did Tony Campolo say? millions of people are dying around the world, and you're mad because I said "Damn.")
Revision:
I "bleeped" the word. This morning I realized that it is not a very wise thing to typing obscenities at one in the morning. But who reads this blog anyway?)

1 комментарий:

Meiska комментирует...

Me.